Part of the White Management Corporation restaurant group, Butcher Block Steak &
Seafood offers employees a range of benefits in addition to wages—from health and
dental care to 401k retirement savings and paid vacations. We love promoting
employees looking for more responsibility, and are proud that many of our employees
have worked with us for many years (even decades!). Our restaurant family is focused
on serving satisfying food, contributing to our community, and caring for our planet.
Butcher Block Steak & Seafood was opened in 1975 with two things in mind: quality
steak and seafood, and unsurpassed service. For over 40 years, The Butcher Block has
sourced the freshest seafood and finest quality, aged beef, hand-cutting the beef in-
house to ensure guests receive the very best. The process is laborious, but the taste is
unequaled. That attention to quality, combined with a top-notch group of employees,
makes the Butcher Block one of the most desirable places to work in the Plattsburgh.
- Maintain a high level of guest service and team work.
- Follow health and safety protocols
- Be punctual and dependable
- Serve as the face of the bar, greeting guests at the bar and in the bar area with
warmth and enthusiasm.
- Serve guests sitting at bar, and prepare drinks for bar and restaurant customers.
Learn all menu items, and be able to discuss the preparation of dishes and drinks
with bar guests.
- Learn all bar menu drinks and food items, and be able to prepare drinks with skill
- Serve as a resource for bar customers, informing them of local beers on draft,
and other specialty drink items.
- Be a conversationalist, able to chat up bar customers in a friendly manner, while keeping in mind that you do represent the restaurant in a professional capacity.
- Maintain a clean and tidy bar area at all times.
- Perform all duties with integrity and respect
- If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a
disability, you may request an accommodation any time
please fill out an application online, or call 518.563.0920 and request to speak
with Kevin or Craig.